Dental Implants – San Antonio, TX
Specialized Dentistry Designed to
Rebuild Longer-Lasting Smiles
At Orbis Dental Group, we are pleased to have a board-certified periodontist on staff who can complete the entire dental implant process in-house. Dr. Hachem brings years of experience and training to deliver exceptional results to individuals suffering from tooth loss. Offering ceramic, zirconia, and metal-free options, our team can rebuild your smile so that it looks, feels, and functions better than before. Call our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Hachem and discover how you can benefit from dental implants in San Antonio.
Why Choose Orbis Dental Group for Dental Implants?
- Board-Certified Periodontist with Years of Experience
- Start-to-Finish Dental Implant Process Completed In-House
- Cone Beam Scanner Used for Precise Treatment Planning
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a more modern form of tooth replacement that is designed to rebuild smiles from the roots up. Replacing regular tooth roots to ensure continuous stimulation is delivered to the jawbone, they support customized restorations of all kinds, including dental crowns, bridges, and dentures. Their stability and functionality make them popular among tooth loss sufferers, as individuals can eat freely with little to no restrictions. Also, with proper care, they can last decades or a lifetime.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
Each patient who undergoes the dental implant process can expect to move through the following four steps:
- Initial Dental Implant Consultation – This visit will involve a thorough examination of your oral and overall health and help determine whether you require any additional treatments before receiving your dental implants.
- Dental Implant Surgery – The placement of your dental implants will occur in our office, as Dr. Hachem is a board-certified periodontist who possesses the training and experience to perform this procedure.
- Dental Implant Osseointegration/Abutment – Because the implant posts must fuse with surrounding bone tissues to ensure they stay secure, osseointegration can take 4-6 months before healing is complete. Once finished, you will undergo an additional procedure that includes the placement of your metal abutments, which are connector pieces that attach to your restoration.
- Delivery of Dental Implant Restoration(s) – Based on the number of teeth that need to be replaced, you will receive your customized restoration during your final visit. This crown, bridge, or denture will be secured in place so that your new smile looks natural and feels comfortable.
Benefits of Dental Implants
When compared to dental bridges and dentures, dental implants offer far greater benefits. During your consultation with Dr. Hachem, you can expect her to discuss the various advantages that millions of Americans are already enjoying. From the ability to eat all your favorite foods and enjoy better oral health to effective cost-savings with prosthetics that can last decades, these are just a few of the many benefits of dental implants you can expect to enjoy.
Who Dental Implants Can Help
If you are missing one, many, or all of your teeth, there is a decent chance you will be considered a good candidate for dental implants. While it is true that there are health conditions and situations that can make successful implant placement more difficult, there are multiple ways in which Dr. Hachem and our team can better prepare your mouth. When going over your oral and overall health, we will discuss the versatility of these prosthetics and how you can get started.
Missing One Tooth
A dental bridge isn’t the only method of treatment for a single missing tooth. Instead, we can use one implant post, abutment, and customized dental crown to rebuild your smile and improve your appearance.
Missing Multiple Teeth
We can use two dental implant posts and a custom bridge to replace multiple consecutive teeth in a row. In doing so, we avoid altering healthy teeth and instead, focus solely on the vacant space that needs to be filled. We can also create an implant partial denture should there be multiple nonconsecutive missing teeth.
Missing All of Your Teeth
If traditional dentures are not what you desire, we can rebuild your smile using between four and six dental implants as well as a custom-made denture that secures your new teeth to your jawbone. This combination allows you to feel more confident and use your teeth freely with ease.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Implant dentistry is both a science and an art tailored to each patient’s circumstances, dental health, functional needs, and aesthetic goals. The number of teeth replaced, and the type of dental implants chosen also affect the final cost. To get an accurate estimate for the cost of dental implants, a consultation at Orbis Dental Group is essential.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Dental Implants?
It depends on your insurance. Most dental insurance consider implants an elective procedure, but more are realizing that implants are better than other options for replacing missing teeth. If you have questions regarding financing options or insurance, our office is available to assist you!
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Want a Holistic Dentist I am Worried About Gum Disease I Want a Straighter Smile I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Want to Enhance My Smile I Have Jaw Pain I'm Having Trouble Sleeping I am Scared of the Dentist I Have a Dental Emergency View Our Services